Lifeguard Certificate Class in Antigo
Be a leader. Be a lifeguard.
The Y is the leader in swim safety and training. Participants receive the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond quickly to aquatic emergencies.
- water rescue skills
- surveillance and recognition
- first aid
- breathing & cardiac emergencies
- CPR/AED and more
Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR/AED Certifications are valid for two years.
Class meets June 28-30
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Registration is Required
Free Certification for Prospective Employees!
Clara R Mckenna Aquatic Center in Antigo
Address: 111 Western Rd, Antigo, WI 54409
Phone: (715) 627-0497
Antigo Aquatic Center
Be a Leader. Be a Lifeguard.
The course content and activities teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic, cardiac arrest, first aid emergencies and blood borne pathogens.
- Must be 15 years of age.
- Ability to swim 300 yards (combination of front crawl with rhythmic breathing and breaststroke);
- Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 9 ft., retrieve a 10-lb. object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds;
- Tread water for 2 minutes only using your legs. All materials included. Certifications issued upon successful completion of the course.
- Complete online portion Lifeguarding Class prior to June 28th (this will be emailed to you upon completion of this form-The online class work takes about 7 hours to complete)
Lifeguarding Class Registration is FREE for prospective employees.
Contact Abby Tesch
Woodson YMCA Senior Director of Aquatics & Competitive Sports
After this form is submitted you will be emailed by an Aquatic Director for the Woodson YMCA.
If you have any questions please reach out to Abby Tesch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Antigo Aquatics Jobs
Fill out this brief form to find out more about aquatics jobs in Antigo!