We are hiring Lifeguards!
Be a leader. Be a lifeguard.
The Y is the leader in swim safety and training. Participants receive the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond quickly to aquatic emergencies.
- water rescue skills
- surveillance and recognition
- first aid
- breathing & cardiac emergencies
- CPR/AED and more
Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR/AED Certifications are valid for two years.
Class meets October 26-28
- 10/26 Friday 5:00 - 9:00 pm
- 10/27 Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 10/28 Sunday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Registration is Required
Clara R Mckenna Aquatic Center
111 Western Rd, Antigo, WI 54409
Be a Leader. Be a Lifeguard.
The course content and activities teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic, cardiac arrest, first aid emergencies and blood borne pathogens.
- Must be 15 years of age.
- Ability to swim 300 yards (combination of front crawl with rhythmic breathing and breaststroke);
- Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 9 ft., retrieve a 10-lb. object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds;
- Tread water for 2 minutes only using your legs. All materials included. Certifications issued upon successful completion of the course.
- Complete online portion Lifeguarding Class prior to June 28th (this will be emailed to you upon completion of this form-The online class work takes about 7 hours to complete)
Lifeguarding Class Registration is FREE for prospective employees.