The Woodson YMCA provides an excellent swimming lesson program at all three of our locations. We also offer a variety of recreational aquatic opportunities (Kayaking, Scuba, Water Exercise) and certification classes (Swim Instructor, Lifeguard, CPR and Scuba). Browse the links on the right to see an overview of class offerings specific to each location. Download the current Program Guide for specific dates and class times.
Many of our swimmers participate in the WYNS Swim Team. There is one team for all three Y locations. Our team is a YMCA and a USS year round competitive swim team offering high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. The goal of our team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability, from novice to experienced swimmer.
Whether you are interested in instruction, competition or recreation, we welcome you for a splashing good time! Check out the pool schedules for the Wausau Branch, Aspirus Branch or Mosinee Satellite location. See you in the water.
We ask that members/guests observe the following Aquatic Policies:
• Make-ups: Make-up classes are not provided for missed classes. If the YMCA cancels classes, makeups or credits will be provided.
• Cancelling Classes: The YMCA may need to cancel or combine classes due to low enrollment.
• Refund Policy: Refunds/credits will not be issued due to inclement weather or personal schedule conflicts. Credits may be given for medical reasons only, and must have Aquatic Director’s approval.
• Registration: All fees are due at the time of registration. Mail-in registration is not accepted. Fees are non-refundable.
• Food/Beverages: To ensure the cleanliness of our aquatic facility, food cannot be allowed on the pool deck. Beverages need to be in a non-glass, no-spill container. chewing gum is not allowed in the aquatic facility.
• Swim Attire: Proper swim suits need to be worn in the swimming pool.
• Street Shoes: To maintain cleanliness of our deck facilities and to follow the WI Dept. of Health and Family Services codes; we cannot allow street shoes on the pool decks. Shoes not worn on the street is an acceptable alternative.
• Electronic Devices: No electronic devices in locker rooms. No telephone conversations in program areas.