Junior Olympics (Levels 1-3)
GYMTRICKS (Coed 5 years and up)
A class for children ages 5 and older who have never taken gymnastics classes before or has very limited experience. Gymnasts in this class will learn the basic fundamentals on all four pieces of equipment – Vault, Uneven Bars, Balance Beam, and Floor Exercise. Location: North Gymnastics Center – Wausau Branch
Fees: Member $73 Non-Member $89 View Fall Flyer
Class dates: Fall 2 Nov 1- Dec 18, 2021 (Registration opens Oct 18/ Oct 25 for non-members)
Winter - Jan 3- Feb 19, 2022 (Registration opens Dec 21/ Dec 28 for non-members)
Spring 1 - Feb 28- April 23, 2022 (Registration opens Feb 8/ Feb 15 for non-members)
Spring 2 - April 23- June 11, 2022 (Registration opens April 5/ April 12 for non-members)
|Monday||4:15- 5:15 pm|
|Monday||5:30- 6:30 pm|
|Wednesday||4:15- 5:15 pm|
|Saturday||9:30- 10:30 am|
|Saturday||10:45- 11:45 am|
JUNIOR OLYMPICS (Coed ages 6 and up)
Our classes, professional instructors and the latest state-of-the-art equipment make gymnastics at the Woodson YMCA fun and challenging. Gymnasts will learn appropriate Junior Olympic skills for levels 1, 2, and 3 in gymnastics on all four pieces of equipment. Classes will enhance motor development, coordination, poise and agility, while building self-confidence and athletic development for all sports. Location: North Gymnastics Center – Wausau Branch
Fees: Member $73 Non-Member $89
Class dates: Fall 1 Sept 6- Oct 23, 2021 (Registration opens Aug 16/ Aug 23 for non-members)
Fall 2 Nov 1- Dec 18, 2021 (Registration opens Oct 18/ Oct 25 for non-members)
- All Gymnastics classes and camps are held at the Wausau Branch.
- The YMCA reserves the right to cancel or combine classes due to low enrollment.
- Scholarships are available for those who qualify.
- Gymnastics placement is based on ability and maturity rather than age. Age is used as a guideline. If you have questions on placement please call Cheryl Randl, Gymnastics Director.
- Refunds/Credits will not be issued because of inclement weather or personal schedule conflicts.
- There is a 30-minute transition/sanitizing between classes.
- Gymnasts/Parents will sanitize upon entering gymnastics centers.
School's Out Camps