WOODSON YMCA CODE OF CONDUCT
To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facility or participating in our programs. We expect persons using the WOODSON YMCA to behave in a mature and responsible way and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct does not permit language or any action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct.
Specifically, this includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Appropriate attire must be worn at all times. Offensive wording on shirts or accessories is inappropriate.
• Angry or vulgar language including, but not limited to swearing and name calling.
• Unwarranted physical contact with another person in any angry, inappropriate or threatening way.
• Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any other menacing behavior.
• Theft or behavior which results in the destruction of property.
• Using or possessing illegal drugs or alcohol while in or on YMCA property.
• Loitering is not permitted in or outside the YMCA.
• The Woodson YMCA is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not allowed on our property.
• Members who are listed as registered sex offenders will have their membership terminated for the safety of the children and families in our facility. We reserve the right to do background checks on members. Members or potential members who have convictions or charges against them are subject to membership termination or membership denial. Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety. A member or guest who feels unsafe or uncomfortable should report the situation to a staff person.
All reported incidents will be reviewed by a Member Engagement/Asst. Operations Director, Sr. Director of Program Operations and Sr. Director of Facility Operations to decide on possible suspension or termination of membership.