(Ages 10 – 14 yrs.) Kayak the Eau Claire River, hike Rib Mountain, and gather around the campfire for s’mores in the evening. Campers will experience the magic of overnight camp, right here in Wausau! We are excited to offer Explorers camp again this summer. This program is designed as a mini-resident camp and bridge program between Pathfinder Day Camp and overnight Leadership Camp.
• Camp during the day on Monday and Tuesday including field trips around the Wausau area.
• Stay overnight at Camp on Wednesday and Thursday night, return home at the end of the day on Friday.
• Campers sleep inside Riverside Lodge bunkhouses and have access to showers and running water.
• A great introduction to overnight camp experience in a familiar setting on-site at Camp Sturtevant.
• Daily activities include adventure and exploration around the greater Wausau area.
• Meals provided: Lunch everyday, supper on Wednesday and Thursday, breakfast on Thursday and Friday.
• On Monday, campers will have a voice in planning their week of fun activities alongside counselors - week itineraries and packing lists will be sent home with campers at the end of the day on Monday.
Trip Weeks: July 12- 16 & August 2- 6
Member/ $209 Member/ $239
Fees include staff, food, most activities, instruction, equipment, wilderness permits, lodging and facilities. We are happy to offer families three fee options. You may choose the actual fee or the adjusted fee. The actual fees reflect the true cost to deliver the Woodson YMCA camp experience. Because of generous contributions to our Community Partners Campaign, we are able to offer families an adjusted fee. Please choose the fee most suitable for your family. The fee that is chosen does not affect the experience a camper is provided in any way.