11/19/20 WOODSON YMCA BOARD APPROVES MASK REQUIREMENT FOR ALL AREAS, AT ALL TIMES
Our YMCAs stand committed to doing our part to protect the health of our communities as we work to get through this pandemic as safely as possible. COVID cases continue to spike in Marathon County and surrounding areas. In order to best protect the safety of staff and Y members, we will require that everyone entering our facilities comply with the mask mandate. We are moving in this direction, effective Monday, Nov. 23, with strong determination to keep our YMCAs fully open and in service. For the health and well-being of our community, we need everyone’s support to reduce the spread of COVID in our community. Your life or the life of someone you love depends on it. View handout here
REFUSAL TO WEAR A MASK:
- We fully support your right to not wear a mask but please understand that you do have a choice and we will support that choice:
- If you won’t wear a mask, you will be asked to leave the YMCA.
- If you won’t wear a mask, we will cancel your membership at your request and thank you for your support.
FOLLOWING ALL AREAS/ALL TIMES MASK MANDATE:
- We will comply with CDC and state best practices inside the Y, covering both nose and mouth with a mask at all times.
- You may drop or lower your mask temporarily in order to catch your breath/take a brief break.
- We know that wearing a mask while exercising is challenging and not ideal. We understand and feel the same way. It can be difficult to adjust to breathing under a mask when you are exercising, but it can be done.
9/22/20 EXTENDED MASK REQUIREMENT IN PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY DECLARATION
Governor Evers issued an updated executive health order with mask mandate through Nov. 21 to slow rates of disease activity. View 60-day order in effect here.
7/31/20 MASK REQUIREMENT TO TAKE EFFECT 8/1 BY STATE ORDER
Beginning Saturday, August 1, masks will be required inside our Y branches at all times per WI Emergency Order. For more detailed information, view the state Face Covering FAQ document addressing concerns on handling the order.
- While showering or swimming
- Individuals with breathing difficulty/medical conditions that prevent wearing a face covering
- Children under the age of 5
- On-duty lifeguards
- When someone is leading an activity as long as they remain 6 feet from others
- While eating or drinking
7/29/20 YMCA TO ADD HOURS, MASK POLICY VIDEO MESSAGE
Beginning Monday, August 3, our Woodson YMCA branches will require members to wear face coverings into the building and to wear them in common areas, to and from your facility appointment space. We appreciate the care you've already shown in working together with us to keep our Ys at the highest standards for hygiene and safety. It's our social responsibility that guides us.
We believe the best way to move forward and slow the potential spread of coronavirus is to invite you to join our YMCA team in wearing masks in all of our common areas inside of the Y. Masks will not be required during your physical activity.
Common Areas Include:
- Lobby Area for Entrance & Exit
- Shared Locker spaces/ Restroom sink area
- Walkways to program area
5/27/20 A VIDEO MESSAGE FROM OUR Y LEADERSHIP
We are thrilled to start welcoming members back slowly and safely starting Monday, June 1st. Thank you for continuing to support the WOODSON YMCA as we work on reopening. We look forward to adding additional amenities and offerings when we can safely do so. Continue to read your email, check our website, or follow us on social media for additional updates and communication.
Dear Valued Member,
We are pleased to announce that we will begin reopening the Woodson YMCA facilities beginning June 1, 2020 with a phased approach.
As we prepare to welcome you back, please be assured that the health and safety of our members, staff and community is our priority. Our team of dedicated staff members is preparing our facilities to reopen under a new normal.
See full Phase 1 changes for opening here.
The keys for our re-opening include:
- Working with our local health department and following their guidelines for health and safety within our Y.
- Receiving the equipment and supplies required to keep the Y clean. Maintaining a healthy environment requires us to have sufficient supplies on hand.
- Calling back and training staff on all the new safety and cleaning protocols they will be required to follow.
- Preparing for members to return with a final thorough cleaning.
During our phased reopening, we have adjusted our hours of operation:
(These are temporary hours and will be adjusted accordingly as we work through phases).
- Monday – Friday 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday – 7 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Sunday – CLOSED
All members must pre-register for a 45-minute appointment to access our facility. This helps us limit our facility capacity and monitor group sizes in each available area. You will receive detailed information, next week, on the following:
- How to reserve your 45-minute appointment through our NEW Appointment King software.
- What your membership options are during Phase 1 of reopening.
- What equipment and spaces will be available to reserve upon opening.
While we were closed, the support for our Y and our work in the community has been simply amazing. We are extremely grateful for those members and donors who were able to support us.
Bryan Bailey - CEO
Dear Woodson YMCA Members,
Thank you for your patience as we navigate these confusing times. We are working hard to respond to the Wisconsin Supreme Court’s decision voiding our state’s Safer At Home emergency order and watching for any further guidance from the local health department.
Please know that we value the safety and wellbeing of our members and employees greatly. With that in mind, we are designing new safety protocols and procedures to enhance the safety of all our members and staff for reopening. We will begin calling staff back to work and finalizing changes that are being made to our facilities next week to make it safer for our members upon return.
As soon as our reopening date has been set, we will email all of our members and post the information on our Woodson YMCA website and social media platforms. We will also share videos that will explain what to expect when we reopen our facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Y soon.
-WOODSON YMCA management
4/16/20 Find out about the Y's ongoing work in support of the Wausau community. View newsletter here If you would like to support and sustain our critical services beyond your membership you can donate here.
4/9/20 ENews #1 A recap of our blood drive, Facebook photo contests and child care enrollment. View newsletter here.
3/31/20 A VIDEO MESSAGE FROM OUR CEO
Dear YMCA Family,
The Y and our mission is bigger than a building. Our members, program participants and supporters are what keep us going, keep us strong, and keep us in service for those who need us most, especially during these difficult times.
As we settle into another week in unfamiliar routines during the COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to connect with you via email. We will continue to provide you with updates during the coming weeks. We recently shared a video message about our ongoing work in support of the community. You can view that here.
First, we want to THANK YOU for your ongoing support of our Y. We’ve had heartfelt, caring responses in support of our ongoing child care for critical care workers in our community and continued commitment to our community.
The support of our members and community has been much needed during this challenging time. For those of you who would like to to support the Woodson YMCA beyond a continued membership, DONATE HERE as a tax-deductible gift.
Additional information we’d like to share with you this week:
- CLOSURE TIMELINE UPDATE – Our facilities will remain closed until it is deemed safe for us to open our doors by the State Health Department. Your safety continues to be our number one priority.
- PROGRAM REGISTRATION - Our Spring 2 Session registration is postponed and we will communicate when we are able to proceed with member and non-member registration.
- ESSENTIAL CHILDCARE – Are you or someone you know in need of high-quality childcare so you can continue your critical role in our community? Although our facilities are closed, we continue to serve our community by providing limited school age and child care opening to support essential employees in our community. Click here for more information.
- BLOOD DRIVE – We are finding new ways to support our community. The American Red Cross is facing a critical blood shortage right now. Please consider joining the blood drive and giving back to the community. The Landing at the Woodson YMCA will be a host site for community blood drives. Sign up here to help reduce our local blood shortage.
- VIRTUAL SUPPORT – We want you to continue to stay active and stay healthy during this challenging time. We are collecting useful web resources to inform you of ways you can help fill some of the community's greatest needs. Click here for at-home fitness options, healthy meal recipes, and even some ways to enrich your day and have fun.
- STAFF ARE AVAILABLE – Maybe you just need to hear a familiar voice after many days spent at home. Our Member Services Team is taking calls from 8:00 am- 5:00 pm week days and they would be happy to connect with you!
Thanks again for your ongoing support. Continue to check your email, follow us on social media, or check our NEW Covid-19 tab on our website for our most current resources and communication.
CEO- Woodson YMCA
ONE WAY YOU CAN HELP IS TO STAY WITH US AND RETAIN YOUR MEMBERSHIP DUES, SUSTAINING OUR ABILITY TO SUPPORT WORKERS AND CHILDREN THROUGH YOUR CONTINUED CONTRIBUTION. IF YOU ARE IN THE POSITION TO GIVE IN SUPPORT OF OUR Y'S WORK PLEASE DONATE TO OUR COVID-19 CAMPAIGN HERE.
3/23/20 COVID-19 MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
Dear Y Member,
For over 129 years, the Woodson YMCA has been an organization that rises to a challenge. Today we must focus our resources on those who need us most during this unprecedented time.
As we share updates and news with you, you will continue to see that our Y is committed to being there for those who need us most and we ask you to join us in the effort. Please consider continuing to invest in your membership so that we can maintain vital life-changing and life-saving programs in our community.
Supporting the Y by maintaining your membership will allow us to continue the work to strengthen our communities once we are able to open our doors again. We know your membership is meaningful to you and that meaning lies in the relationships you have built at the Y. Those relationships are based upon how much you care about our community and want everyone to have the opportunity to thrive – no matter what our world is facing. Thank you in advance for joining us.
Below we have listed your membership options during this time:
- Invest in us – Consider continuing to invest in your membership. This allows us to continue to provide childcare for those doing critical jobs for our community. It also allows our staff to be here assisting with phone calls, emails, membership drafts, and deep cleaning our facility.
- On-Hold- If you prefer to put your membership on hold, we will do that for you at no cost. During this time, we are waiving our $15 dollar holding fee due to Covid-19. When we can safely reopen our facility, we will automatically restart your membership. No communication needed on your end. March dues were automatically deducted on March 20th. On hold will stop all further payments until the full month of reopening.
- Cancel – If you cancel your membership it will be effective April 1st. When you decide you would like to rejoin you will need to pay the joiner fee again.
Please communicate how we can best assist you with your membership at this time. We ask that you reach out to our:
Please keep in mind we are experiencing a high volume of calls and emails at this time. We ask for your patience as we personally try to connect with each and everyone of you to ensure your questions and concerns are answered.
We plan to restore full operations at our Ys as soon as we are able. We will continue to make day-to-day decisions as we receive updates from Health Departments, the YMCA of the USA, Governor Evers, and the CDC. Please visit our YMCA website at woodsonymca.com for updated information.
Again, if you prefer to put your membership on hold until operations are restored, please contact us and we will do that for you.
Also, please note that any changes you would like to make for your membership draft on April 20, 2020 need to be made by March 31, 2020.
Thank you for your support as we work diligently to ensure the health and safety of our community.
A MESSAGE FROM OUR CEO
In light of the uncertainty created by the increased impact of coronavirus, closure of schools and the increased need to provide essential services for the most vulnerable in our community, we are confronted with a moment of truth. How best can our YMCA serve the community and support efforts to keep our community healthy and safe?
For more than 125 years, we have always been an organization that walked in the direction of a challenge. Today we must focus our resources on those who need us most during this unprecedented time.
Our Child Care Centers will remain open. If you are enrolled in the Y's Child Care or School Age Care at either the Aspirus Branch or Wausau Branch, your child will continue to receive care by trusted teachers. In addition, we are pivoting our resources to best support the most pressing needs in our community. We are aligning with our community partners to serve parents who must work including health care workers, first responders and "essential" employees in our community. We are making spaces available for these families to meet the continued need for child care in the Wausau area. Our families need safe and reliable places for their children and we will be there for them.
As of the end of business, 8:00 pm March 16, 2020, our YMCA branches will be closed. We plan to restore full operations on April 6th in concert with the current school schedule. It is probable that this date will move as we learn more on the fight against community spread of coronavirus.
Finally, to support your health and wellbeing goals we are offering Y360, a YMCA on-demand fitness program for adults and kids to do at home. You and your family can exercise together and have some fitness fun! You can access it today at Y360 On-Demand.
As you can see through these various programs and services, your Y is committed to be there for those who need us most and we ask that you join us in the effort. We ask that you continue to invest in your membership so that we can maintain vital life-changing and life-saving programs at the Y. If you prefer to put your membership on hold, please contact us and we will do that for you, but we invite you to join us in service to others needing our help. We know your membership is meaningful to you and that meaning lies in the relationships you have built at the Y. Those relationships are based upon how much you care about our community and want everyone to have the opportunity to thrive – no matter what our world is facing. Thank you for joining us.
We are closely working with community leaders and will continue to communicate with you on when we will reopen our wellness centers, tracks, pools and gyms to serve everyone.
In the meantime, we hope that you will join us in our efforts to serve those in our community who need us most. Thank you for your support as we work diligently to ensure the health and safety of our community.
CEO - Woodson YMCA