WOODSON YMCA CAMP STURTAVENT
We believe that lasting personal change can only happen when we all work together to invest in our children, our health, and our neighbors. That’s why, at the YMCA, strengthening community is our cause and passion. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that regardless of age, income or background, everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. Our committed staff are dedicated to ensuring that all of our campers are safe, accepted, and respected for who they are.
After a summer at Woodson YMCA Camp Sturtevant, children’s self-esteem will rise and they will be better prepared to return to school with confidence. Our Y Camp strives to instill the Y’s four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility into every activity, every day.
Social Emotional Learning
Over the course of the summer our campers will grow socially and emotionally. They will build skills through empathy, relationship building, emotion management, responsibility, and personal development, all while having FUN!
- Emotional Management: Learn to be aware of and constructively handle both positive and challenging emotions.
- Responsibility: Learn to be reliable, committed and fulfill obligations in challenging roles.
- Personal Development: Initiate goals, learn persistence and persevere through difficult situations and challenges.
- Relationship Building: Plan, collaborate and coordinate action with others.
- Empathy: Learn to relate to others with acceptance, understanding, and sensitivity.