The Woodson YMCA Triathlon is a test of mental and physical strength that draws competitors over the age of 16 to Sunny Vale Park to overcome obstacles and to be their best. Our annual triathlon is set for August 5, 2017.
Participants may register for one of the following: the Long Course (1/2 mile swim, 28 mile bike and 6.2 mile run), the Short Course (1/4 mile swim, 17 mile bike and 3.1 mile run) or the Mini Tri (3/16 swim, 9.2 mile bike and 2 mile run). Get more race details and register at the Y. View 2017 Triathlon registration form here!
Online registration is also now open at active.com. Ages 16+
General Triathlon Info:
• Professional chip timing.
The championship long course heat will be the first to start the event (See heat
sheets provided in the race bag for a list of approximate start times for each heat).
• Complimentary bike check is available only on Saturday, August 5, from 6:00 – 7:30 am, at Sunny Vale Park.
• Complimentary lunch provided for athletes following the race.
• Free professional sports massage following the race for participants only.
• Local police require that all roadway laws must be followed.
• Wetsuits are allowed for all swim lengths. Participants should be able to competently complete the swim portion of the face. Float belts allowed for Mini Tri participants only.
• You must be at least 16 years old to swim.
• BIKE HELMETS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS ON THE BIKE COURSE
Awards will be given to the first overall M/F winners for the Individual Long and Short Course. Awards to top 3 finishers in each age category and the top three teams for Short and Long Course. Premium Award to the fastest male and female individual with the fastest swim, bike and run time in the Triathlon. Participants must register July 1 to guarantee an event T-shirt.
Proceeds go to fund YMCA youth program scholarships and World Services.
Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting – Saturday 7:30 am: In Sunny Vale Park by the finish line for all participants. The race starts at 8:00 am. Championship Long Course heat will be first to start. Newly added- Short Course Championship heat wave.
Checklist of suggested items to bring for the race: A swimsuit (tri-suit), towel, goggles/face mask, frame pump, spare tube, bike wrench, (know how to change a flat), 2 water bottles for biking, biking & running clothes, sunglasses, running shoes, sunscreen, Vaseline.
Post Triathlon lunch for athletes is provided. Call Melissa at 715-841-1830 for more information or to volunteer on race day. A free T-shirt and lunch are provided! Race question email firstname.lastname@example.org