Creating Opportunities to
Serve Our Community.
Our Y can be a conduit for helping to fill community needs. We know that members like you have lot of ideas and the desire to reach out to make positive changes. The Woodson YMCA wants to support so many worthy community initiatives as well as develop our own ways to help. We’d love to have volunteers who can contribute their time and talents for the good of others. Togetherhood helps us make our community better and it’s an easy way to give back!
The Woodson YMCA Togetherhood team aims to foster volunteer service projects. Here’s a simple thing anyone can do. We encourage you to take an “Act of Kindness” idea off of the tear sheets in our Ys. Just perform the activity listed and if possible, snap a photo of your kind, helpful gesture with the hashtag #YShareKindness! Join the Y as we try to spread the kindness in our community. (Beginning March 1)
Good for Others
Good for You
We kicked off the Togetherhood program with two successful hat and mitten tree drives at our Ys in December 2015. We were able to supply area families at The Neighbors’ Place with your donated cold weather accessories.
Become a Service Project Volunteer
Projects will be designed to make meaningful impact while being rewarding, convenient and fun!
• Meet people who are excited to better understand our community’s challenges and develop creative ways to meet them.
• Discover how personally rewarding it is to engage with others in improving community life.
• Experience a deeper sense of belonging to and responsibility for the place where you live.
Members are welcome to be part of upcoming Togetherhood projects. It’s a fun way to support the Y’s cause of strengthening community. Expand your connection to the Woodson YMCA and your community through Togetherhood this year.
-Membership Development Team
Upcoming volunteer events:
• Garden cleanup- Thrivent/ Woodson YMCA Community Garden (Aspirus Branch)
• Little Library book donations (Wausau Branch)
• Hat and Mitten Tree donations
• Father Daughter Dance (Wausau Branch)
• Daniel J Rupar Pedal it Forward (Wausau Branch)
• Healthy Kids Day (Aspirus Branch)